Saturday, January 18, 2014

Dreams of England...................

 photo 9396a2c6-f5b3-4394-82c6-ddb89ce04265_zpseb9a5df6.jpg
I often dream of England, dream that I am there
I roam the fields and long lost haunts, I wander everywhere.
I walk in places from my youth with friends that I once knew
I remember well those familiar roads but my dreams are all too few.
I wish that I could stay there and live in those sweet dreams,
But I must stay in this new world or that is how it seems.
I know I must return here to live my daily life,
I live here now because I am a mother and a wife.
But my heart remains in England and til my dying breath, 
I will dream that I am back there and sometime after death, 
I will walk again those soft green paths, as my body rests beneath. 
I will roam those flowery meadows the woodlands and the heath. 
I will stroll through Bluebell Woods again through pastures oh so green 
Among those ancient wondrous hills the best Iv'e ever seen. 
Maybe I'll meet King Arthur. Who knows who will be there? 
Merlin and Excaliber and all of those who share, 
This love of that great country where the bravest and the best,
 Can not lie in foreign soil, but all come home to rest.
©JKS 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment