Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Shadow Wolves..............

 photo 0d4fdf3a-623d-4013-85f8-ed06e5b702a4_zpsa9cca396.jpg

Shadow Wolves

The mist swirls through the forest and brings a primevil tug along my spine.
Long ago wolves look out at me their spirits linger in the fog.
Voices echo on the winds that move among the pine
Shadows move and shimmer is that some ancient dog?
Something from our long ago
moves with stealth out in the mists
Did I see a shadow and eyes with eerie glow?
Stalking me from another time or is it my mind that twists
I hurry home with coat pulled tight
Up to my quivering chin.
I feel the ancient need of flight
I need to get within.
I close the door and lean on it.
I flip the switch that gives me light,
I pull the drapes and then I sit
No longer feeling that need of flight. 
The window panes shudder with the strength of the fray
I am so glad to be inside.
I gather my fear and shake it away
I do not need to hide.
Tis just my imagination that keeps me in fear
There is no ghostly dog
I did not hear that distant clear
sound of a howl in the fog.


©Janice Kay Schaub 2013
Sharing with Adorned from above

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem Janice! Beautiful! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete